This is another article in the chapter Enormities from the classical manual on Sharia called Reliance of the Traveller. The articles are posted one by one in the order they are given in the book.
p64.0 ARGUING, PICKING APART ANOTHER’S WORDS, AND QUARRELLING
p64.l Allah Most High says:
(1) “They did not mention him [Jesus] to you as an example except for argument. Rather, they are quarrelsome people” (Koran 43:58).
(2) “Those who argue about the signs of Allah without authority having been given to them have nothing in their hearts but pride, to which they will never attain” (Koran 40:56),
p64.2 The Prophet (Allah bless him and give him peace) said:
(1) “The man most hated by Allah is the obstinate arguer.”
(2) “No people went astray after having been guided save that they were afflicted with arguing.”
(3) “Arguing over the Koran is unbelief.”
(4) “He who presses for something he knows is false remains under the hatred of Allah until he gives it up.”
(5) “The thing I fear most for my Community is the eloquent hypocrite.”
(6) “Modesty and being at a loss for words are two components of true faith, while vulgarity and long-windedness are two components of hypocrisy.”