This is another article in the chapter Enormities from the classical manual on Sharia called Reliance of the Traveller. The articles are posted one by one in the order they are given in the book.
P50.0 HURTING OR REVILING MUSLIMS
P50.1 Allah Most High says:
(1) “Those who hurt believing men and women who have done nothing to deserve it shall bear the burden of calumny ‘and open sin” (Koran 33:58).
(2) “Do not spy and do not slander one another” (Koran 49:12).
(3) “Woe to whoever disparages others behind their back or to their face” (Koran: 104:1).
(4) “Those who love that scandal should be spread concerning the believers shall have a painful torment in this world and the next” (Koran 24:19).
P50.2 The Prophet (Allah bless him and give him peace) said:
(1) “The Muslim is the brother of the Muslim. He does not oppress him, hang back from coming to his aid, or belittle him. It is sufficiently wicked for someone to demean his fellow Muslim.”
(2) “By Allah, he does not believe. By Allah, he does not believe. By Allah, he does not believe.” Someone asked, “Who, Oh Messenger of Allah?” And he said, “He whose neighbors not safe from his evil conduct. ”
(3) Someone said, “Oh Messenger of Allah, So-and-so spends her nights praying and her days fasting, but there is something in her tongue that maliciously injures her neighbors.” He replied, “There is no good in her, she will go to hell.”
(4) “When I was taken up in the Ascent (Mi’raj), I passed by people with fingernails of copper who were raking their faces and chests with them. I asked, ‘Who are they, Gabriel?’ and he said, ‘They are those who slandered others [lit. “ate people’s flesh”] and attacked their reputations. ”
(5) “No man charges another with corruption or unbelief, save that the charge returns against himself if the other is not as he said.”
(6) “Do not revile the dead, for they have gone on to what they have sent ahead.”