This is another article in the chapter Enormities from the classical manual on Sharia called Reliance of the Traveller. The articles are posted one by one in the order they are given in the book.
p24.0 THE INVETERATE LIAR
p24.1 Allah Most High says:
(1) Allah guides not the profligate liar (Koran 40:28).
(2) “May liars perish” (Koran 51:10).
p24.2 The Prophet (Allah bless him and give him peace) said:
(1) “Lying leads one to wickedness and wickedness leads one to hell. A man keeps lying until Allah records that he is an inveterate liar.”
(2) “The marks of a hypocrite are three: when he speaks he lies, when he makes a promise he breaks it, and when entrusted with something he betrays the trust. ”
(3) “A believer’s natural disposition might comprise any trait other than treachery and untruthfulness.”