This is another article in the chapter Enormities from the classical manual on Sharia called Reliance of the Traveller. The articles are posted one by one in the order they are given in the book.
p13.0 THE LEADER WHO MISLEADS HIS FOLLOWING, THE TYRANT AND OPPRESSOR
p13.1 Allah Most High says:
(1) “The dispute [lit. “way against”] is only with those who oppress people and wrongfully commit aggression in the land: these will have a painful torment” (Koran 42:42).
(2) “They did not forbid each other the evil that they did, and how wicked was what they would do” (Koran 5:79).
p13.2 The Prophet (Allah bless him and give him peace) said:
(1) “All of you are trustees, and each is responsible for those entrusted to his care.”
(2) “Any superior who misrules his followers shall go to hell.
(3) “There will come corrupt, tyrannous rulers:
whoever confirms their lies and assists them in their oppression is not of me, nor I of him, and shall not meet me at my watering place in paradise. ”
(4) “He who shows no mercy will not be shown any. ”
(5) “The worst of your rulers shall be those whom you detest and who detest you, whom you curse and who curse you.” They said, “O Messenger of Allah, can we not throw them out?”
And he replied, “No, not as long as they maintain the prescribed prayer [dis: 025.3(a(A:))] among you.”
(6) “You’ll be anxious to lead, and this will be a source of remorse to you on the Day of Judgment.”